What are the simple rules of beer pong?
Beer Pong is one of the most classic drinking games of all time. All you need is a table, 16oz plastic cups, and a few ping pong balls and you can get a game started. It’s perfect for mingling at bars or house parties, so don’t be afraid to invite people to play. Here are the simple rules to get started:
The game is played by two teams who take turns throwing a ping pong ball into the other team’s cups. If the ball lands in a cup, the opponent drinks the beer in the cup. The team that hits all of the opponent’s cups wins the game.
- Cups are arranged in a triangle in 6, 10, or 15 cup formations on opposite ends of a table.
- Fill plastic cups halfway with beer.
- Use a cup or bowl with clean water to rinse off the balls before throwing. (Trust me, you want this or else you’ll get funky stuff in the beer)
- Each player gets one ping pong ball.
To see who goes first, flip or coin or play eye to eye. The first team to make a ball in the opponent’s cup while maintaining eye contact gets to go first. You can throw a lob, a fast ball, or a bounce, but the elbow cannot cross the foul line. You can rearrange or re-rack your cups 1 or 2 times during the game, agreed on by the teams
- If the ball is bounced, the defensive team can swipe the ball away after the bounce.
- If the ball is spinning in the cup, the defensive team has the opportunity to blow the ball out.
- If you throw an air ball and the defensive team catches it, the defensive team chooses a cup to be removed
For a simple poster you can printout, here is an image of the rules by visual.ly